Work With Us
Volunteer Bookkeeper for Short-Term Project
Help Chesapeake Language Project refine their accounting systems to support their budgeting and reporting needs.
Our Mission: Chesapeake Language Project increases educational access to English Learners (ELs) in Maryland. CLP was founded by current and former ESOL (English for Speakers of Other Languages) teachers who believe strongly in the promise and fortitude of this diverse group of young people. We seek to minimize the barriers that many of our students face while developing their skills and talents. With our shared passion and combination of more than 75 years in the field of education for EL students, we knew that if we worked together, we could make a greater impact.
What You'll Work On
- Refinement of our Quickbooks Setup. We’ve been using Quickbooks for a few years but now that we are expanding we need help ensuring we are set up to classify things correctly. Help us design the systems and order for our Board Members to follow
- Train a Board Member to properly categorize and track future donations, income and expenses and generate basic reports in Quickbooks
Your Skills and Experience
- Proficiency with Quickbooks
- Experience setting up a bookkeeping system and/or software
- Ability to set up regular recording, reconciliation, and reporting practices
- Works remotely from anywhere
- 10-15 hours over 3-5 weeks
Why You'll Love Volunteering With Us
- Gain samples of work & references to add to your portfolio
- Directly impact the immigrant community in Maryland and help a community organization succeed
- Work remotely & create your own schedule
Send resumes to [email protected].
We are looking for tutors to support our mentees with their high school classes. Our mentees, like many students, have experienced academic difficulties during the COVID-19 crisis due to limited direct instruction, unreliable internet access, and increased home responsibilities. Our mentees are motivated to be successful so they can attend college; many will be the first person in their family to attend college. If you would like to support these hard-working students and you have strong math, science, social studies, or English language arts skills, please consider this opportunity. All tutoring sessions will be done remotely. Email Erin Sullivan at [email protected] for more information.