Join CLP for a life-changing experience!
The Chesapeake Language Project Mentorship program aims to facilitate immigrant students' access to higher education and postsecondary opportunities. The Mentorship Program pairs adult volunteers to provide one-to-one mentoring for current or former English learner high school students by offering support with academic decisions during high school and beyond. By becoming an integral partner in the student's academic journey, the Mentor will contribute to the academic and professional outcomes of the student.
CLP is now accepting applications for our Mentorship Program. Please apply by completing the form below.
Mentor Application (Adult volunteers)
Mentee Application (High school students)
Are you curious about what it's like to be a Mentor? Read about Tammy's experience here.
Hear about our mentorship program directly from our Mentees!
- Take the lead in supporting a young person through an ongoing, one-to-one relationship
- Serve as a positive role model and friend
- Build the relationship by participating in activities together
- Strive for mutual respect
- Build self-esteem and motivation
- Help set goals and work toward accomplishing them
- Make a multi-year commitement
- Spend a minimum of three hours per month one-to-one with a mentee
- Communicate with the mentee regularly
- Attend an initial training session and additional training each academic year of participation in the program
- Attend optional mentor/mentee group events and programs recognition events